Recycling where you live – Epsom and Ewell
Download the Epsom and Ewell 2020 bin collections and recycling guide.
Your green recycling bin is emptied every week. Flats have their own labelled recycling bins.
- Dry paper and cardboard
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays – including detergent bottles, yoghurt pots, ready meal trays and ice cream tubs
- Food and drink cartons
- Metal tins, cans and aerosols
- Plastic and metal lids – please put plastic lids back on plastic bottles and jars. Please put metal lids and caps separately in the recycling bin
Please rinse out any containers before putting them in your recycling bin.
No thanks: glass bottles and jars (put these in your green recycling box), foil, nappies, small electricals and light bulbs.
Green recycling box
Please put your glass bottles and jars in your green recycling box for collection every week. Please remove metal lids and caps and place them separately in your green recycling bin.
Please rinse out glass bottles and containers before putting them in your recycling box.
Clothes and home textiles
Please put textiles in a separate clearly labelled bag and place them next to your green recycling box. Please make sure they are clean and are kept dry.
- All clothes, including shirts, coats, tights and underwear
- Pairs of shoes
- Accessories like belts and bags
- Home textiles including towels and sheets
No thanks: single shoes and stuffed items like cushions and duvets.
Outside food waste bin
Food waste is collected every week from your outside food waste bin. You can use plastic liners and bags to help keep your caddy clean.
- All cooked and uncooked food
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Fruit and vegetable peelings
- Egg shells
- Fish bones and skin
- Mouldy bread, cakes and pastries
- Food that’s passed its use by date
No thanks: packaging, liquids like milk or yoghurt, and oil or liquid fat.
Garden waste bin
You can subscribe to a garden waste collection service in Epsom and Ewell and have garden waste collected from a brown bin, or reusable sacks.
- Hedge cuttings
- Cut flowers, prunings and plants
- Twigs and small branches
- Grass cuttings and leaves
No thanks: bricks and rubble, soil and turf, plant pots and plastics, pet or food waste and branches thicker than a wrist.
Your black wheeled bin is emptied every week. Please use it for anything that cannot be recycled.
No thanks: batteries and electricals, energy saving light bulbs, gloss or oil based paints, gas canisters and bricks, rubble or soil. Visit a community recycling centre to dispose of these.
The Epsom and Ewell Council website has full details of Epsom and Ewell’s recycling and rubbish service.