Recycling where you live – Mole Valley
Your green recycling bin is emptied on alternate weeks to your rubbish bin.
- Dry paper and cardboard
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays – including detergent bottles, cleaning bottles with trigger sprays, yoghurt pots, ready meal trays and ice cream tubs
- Metal food tins and drinks cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Clean aluminium foil and trays
- Plastic and metal lids – please put these back on bottles and jars
Please rinse out any containers before putting them in your recycling bin.
No thanks: food and drink cartons, hard plastics (like Tupperware, toys and furniture), black sacks, plastic bags, plastic film, polystyrene, liquid soap pumps, food pouches (like pet food or baby food pouches), light bulbs, garden waste, batteries and nappies.
Clothes and home textiles
Clothes and home textiles are collected every week. Place clean and dry items into a tied carrier bag and leave it next to your bin, on your normal collection day.
- All clothes, including shirts, coats, tights and underwear
- Pairs of shoes
- Accessories like belts and bags
- Home textiles including towels and sheets
No thanks: single shoes and stuffed items like cushions and duvets.
It is important that items are dry so please avoid putting out clothes and home textiles in wet weather.
Small electricals are collected every week. Place items into a tied carrier bag and leave it next to your bin on your normal collection day.
- Kettles and toasters
- Hair dryers and straighteners
- Mobile phones and games consoles
- Clocks, alarms and watches
- Batteries (tie up in a separate bag)
You can leave any plugs or cables attached to your small electricals, but do not place loose items out for collection.
No thanks: large electrical items like televisions or white goods, light bulbs (including low energy bulbs) and laptops.
Outside food waste bin
Food waste is collected every week from your outside food waste bin. You can use plastic liners and bags to help keep your caddy clean.
- All cooked and uncooked food
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Fruit and vegetable peelings
- Egg shells
- Fish bones and skin
- Mouldy bread, cakes and pastries
- Food that’s passed its use by date
No thanks: packaging, liquids like milk or yoghurt, and oil or liquid fat.
Garden waste bin
You can subscribe to a garden waste collection service in Mole Valley and have garden waste collected from a brown lidded bin.
- Hedge cuttings
- Cut flowers, prunings and plants
- Twigs and small branches
- Grass cuttings and leaves
No thanks: bricks and rubble, soil and turf, plant pots and plastics, pet waste / bedding, branches thicker than 7 cm and food.
Your black rubbish bin is emptied on alternate weeks to your recycling bin. It is for anything that cannot be recycled.
No thanks: batteries and electricals, energy saving light bulbs, gloss or oil based paints, large quantities of other paints, gas canisters and bricks, rubble or soil. Visit a community recycling centre to dispose of these.
The Mole Valley District Council website has full details of Mole Valley’s recycling and rubbish service.