Recycling where you live – Reigate and Banstead
Download the Reigate and Banstead 2020 service guide.
Grey wheeled recycling bin
Your grey wheeled recycling bin is emptied on alternate weeks to your rubbish bin.
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays – including detergent bottles, cleaning bottles with trigger sprays, yoghurt pots, ready meal trays and ice cream tubs
- Metal food tins, drinks cans and empty aerosols
- Glass bottles and jars
- Clean aluminium foil and trays
- Food and drink cartons
- Plastic and metal lids – please rinse these and put in the recycling bin separately
Please rinse out any containers before putting them in your recycling bin, and place all items in loose.
No thanks: hard plastics (like Tupperware, toys and furniture), plastic bags, plastic film, polystyrene, liquid soap pumps, food pouches (like pet food or baby food pouches), light bulbs and nappies.
Black recycling box
Your black recycling box is emptied every week.
- Dry paper and cardboard
Outside food waste bin
Food waste is collected every week from your outside food waste bin. You can use plastic liners and bags to help keep your caddy clean.
- All cooked and uncooked food
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Fruit and vegetable peelings
- Egg shells
- Fish bones and skin
- Mouldy bread, cakes and pastries
- Food that’s passed its use by date
No thanks: packaging, liquids like milk or yoghurt, and oil or liquid fat.
Garden waste bin
- Hedge cuttings
- Cut flowers, prunings and plants
- Twigs and small branches
- Grass cuttings and leaves
No thanks: bricks and rubble, soil and turf, plant pots and plastics, animal bedding, food waste, branches thicker than 4″ (10cm).
Your green rubbish bin is emptied on alternate weeks to your recycling bin. It is for anything that cannot be recycled.
No thanks: batteries and electricals, energy saving light bulbs, gloss or oil based paints, gas canisters and bricks, rubble or soil. Visit a community recycling centre to dispose of these.
The Reigate and Banstead Borough Council website has full details of Reigate and Banstead’s recycling and rubbish service.