Recycling where you live – Surrey Heath
Your recycling bin is emptied on alternate weeks to your rubbish bin.
- Dry paper and cardboard
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays – including detergent bottles, cleaning bottles with trigger sprays, yoghurt pots, ready meal tray and ice cream tubs
- Food and drink cartons
- Plastic carrier bags and stretchable plastic wrapping
- Metal food tins and drinks and aerosol cans
- Plastic and metal lids – please rinse these and put in the recycling bin separately
- Glass bottles and jars
- Clean aluminium foil and trays
Please rinse out any containers before putting them in your recycling bin.
No thanks: hard plastics (like Tupperware, toys and furniture), liquid soap pumps, polystyrene, batteries, light bulbs and nappies.
Clothes and home textiles
Clothes and home textiles are collected every week. Place clean and dry items into a tied carrier bag, label ‘textiles’, and leave it next to your bin, on your normal collection day.
- All clothes, including shirts, coats, tights and underwear
- Pairs of shoes
- Accessories like belts and bags
- Home textiles including towels and sheets
No thanks: single shoes, wellington boots, rugs and carpets, and stuffed items like cushions and duvets.
Small electricals are collected every week. Place items into a tied carrier bag, label ‘electricals’, and leave it next to your bin on your normal collection day.
- Kettles and toasters
- Hair dryers and straighteners
- Laptops and games consoles
- Clocks, alarms and watches
- Batteries (tie up in a separate bag)
No thanks: large electrical items like televisions or white goods.
Outside food waste bin
Food waste is collected every week from your outside food waste bin. You can use plastic liners and bags to help keep your caddy clean.
- All cooked and uncooked food
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Fruit and vegetable peelings
- Egg shells
- Fish bones and skin
- Mouldy bread, cakes and pastries
- Food that’s passed its use by date
No thanks: packaging, liquids like milk or yoghurt, and oil or liquid fat.
You can subscribe to a garden waste collection service in Surrey Heath and have garden waste collected fortnightly.
- Hedge cuttings
- Cut flowers, prunings and plants
- Twigs and small branches
- Grass cuttings and leaves
No thanks: bricks and rubble, soil and turf, plant pots and plastics, pet waste, food waste, branches thicker than 3″ (7.5cm).
Your black rubbish bin is emptied on alternate weeks to your recycling bin. It is for anything that cannot be recycled.
No thanks: batteries and electricals, energy saving light bulbs, gloss or oil based paints, gas canisters and bricks, rubble or soil. Visit a community recycling centre to dispose of these.
The Joint Waste Solutions website has full details of Surrey Heath’s recycling and rubbish service.