Recycling where you live – Tandridge
We collect recycling from your blue lidded bin or blue lidded bulk bin every other week.
- Dry paper and cardboard
- Shredded paper in a paper bag or cardboard box
- Food and drink cartons
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays – including detergent bottles, cleaning bottles with trigger sprays, yoghurt pots, ready meal trays and ice cream tubs
- Metal tins and cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Food and drink cartons
- Carrier bags (loose)
- Aerosols (empty)
- Clean aluminium foil and trays
- Plastic and metal bottle and jar tops – please rinse these and put in the recycling bin separately
Please rinse out any containers before putting them in your recycling bin.
No thanks: bubble wrap, plastic film, expanded polystyrene, liquid soap pumps, nappies, Styrofoam, black bags, wood, car parts, textiles and food.
Clothes and home textiles
Clothes and home textiles are collected every week. Place items into a tied carrier bag (not a black sack), and place it next to your bin on your normal collection day. Unfortunately this service is not currently available to flats who share larger wheelie bins.
- All clothes, including shirts, coats, tights and underwear
- Pairs of shoes
- Accessories like belts and bags
- Home textiles including towels and sheets
No thanks: single shoes and stuffed items like cushions and duvets.
Small electricals are collected every week. Place items into a tied carrier bag, and place it next to your bin on your normal collection day. Unfortunately this service is not currently available to flats who share larger wheeled bins.
- Kettles and toasters
- Hair dryers and straighteners
- Laptops and games consoles
- Clocks, alarms and watches
- Batteries (tie up in a separate bag)
No thanks: large electrical items like televisions or white goods.
Outside food waste bin
Food waste is collected every week from your outside food waste bin. You can use plastic liners and bags to help keep your caddy clean.
- All cooked and uncooked food
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Fruit and vegetable peelings
- Egg shells
- Fish bones and skin
- Mouldy bread, cakes and pastries
- Food that’s passed its use by date
No thanks: packaging, liquids like milk or yoghurt, and oil or liquid fat.
You can join the Garden Waste Club to receive a fortnightly garden waste collection service. For more information please visit the Green Waste Club’s website.
- Hedge cuttings
- Cut flowers, prunings and plants
- Twigs and small branches
- Grass cuttings and leaves
No thanks: bricks and rubble, soil and turf, plant pots and plastics, pet waste, food waste and branches thicker than 4″ (10cm).
Your waste is collected every other week from your own bin or black sacks. Please leave it out for collection by 6am between your front gate and back door and ensure there are no locked gates or loose dogs.
No thanks: batteries and electricals, energy saving light bulbs, gloss or oil based paints, gas canisters, bricks, rubble or soil. Visit a community recycling centre to dispose of these.
The Tandridge District Council website has full details of Tandridge’s recycling and rubbish service.