Recycling where you live – Waverley
Download the Waverley 2020 service guide.
Your blue recycling bin is emptied every other week.
Extra recycling will be collected if it is bundled up next to your blue bin.
- Dry paper and cardboard
- Shredded paper (inside a box or envelope)
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays – including detergent bottles, cleaning bottles with trigger sprays, yoghurt pots, ready meal tray and ice cream tubs
- Metal tins and cans and aerosols
- Clean aluminium foil and trays
- Glass bottles and jars
- Plastic and metal lids – please put these back on bottles and jars
- Food and drink cartons
Please rinse out any containers before putting them in your recycling bin.
No thank you: hard plastics (like Tupperware, toys and furniture), plastic bags, plastic film, polystyrene, liquid soap pumps, batteries, light bulbs and nappies.
Clothes and home textiles
Clothes and home textiles can be taken to banks in many locations across the borough.
Small electrical items
Please do not put electrical items into any of your wheeled bins. You can take them to one of our four small electrical item banks located at:
- Wey Hill, Haslemere
- Village Way, Cranleigh
- Crown Court, Godalming
- Upper Hart car park Farnham
These banks will accept items no larger than 620mm x 200mm. Items can also be taken to community recycling centres.
Outside food waste bin
Food waste is collected every week from your outside food waste bin. You can use plastic liners and bags to help keep your caddy clean.
- All cooked and uncooked food
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Fruit and vegetable peelings
- Egg shells
- Fish bones and skin
- Mouldy bread, cakes and pastries
- Food that’s passed its use by date
No thanks: packaging, liquids like milk or yoghurt, and oil or liquid fat.
Visit the Waverley Borough Council’s website to subscribe to a garden waste collection service in Waverley and have garden waste collected from a brown bin.
- Hedge cuttings
- Cut flowers, prunings and plants
- Twigs and small branches
- Grass cuttings and leaves
No thanks: bricks and rubble, soil and turf, plant pots and plastics, animal waste, food waste and large branches.
Your black rubbish bin is emptied on alternate weeks to your recycling bin. It is for anything that cannot be recycled.
No thanks: batteries and electricals, energy saving light bulbs, gloss or oil based paints, gas canisters and bricks, rubble or soil. Visit a community recycling centre to dispose of these.
Visit the Waverley Borough Council website for full details of Waverley’s recycling and rubbish service.