Recycling where you live – Woking
Download the Woking 2020 service guide and calendar.
Your blue lidded wheeled bin, or communal bin is emptied every other week.
Excess recycling that doesn’t fit in your blue bin can be put in tied clear plastic bags beside your recycling bin on collection day (but not in black or opaque bags).
- Dry paper and cardboard
- Metal tins and cans
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays – including detergent bottles, cleaning bottles with trigger sprays, yoghurt pots, ready meal tray and ice cream tubs
- Glass bottles and jars
- Clean aluminium foil and trays
- Plastic and metal lids – please put these back on bottles and jars
Please rinse out any containers before putting them in your recycling bin.
No thank you: hard plastics (like Tupperware, toys and furniture), food and drink cartons, plastic bags, plastic film, polystyrene, liquid soap pumps, wet paper or card, soiled tissues, light bulbs and nappies.
Clothes and home textiles
Clothes and home textiles are collected every week. Place clean and dry items into a tied carrier bag and leave it next to your bin, on your normal collection day. Some communal areas have yellow lidded textiles recycling bins for these.
- All clothes, including shirts, coats, tights and underwear
- Pairs of shoes
- Accessories like belts and bags
- Home textiles including towels and sheets
No thanks: single shoes, and stuffed items like cushions and duvets.
Small electricals are collected every week. Place items into a tied carrier bag and leave it next to your bin on your normal collection day. Some communal areas have pink lidded textiles recycling bins for these.
- Kettles and toasters
- Hair dryers and straighteners
- Laptops and games consoles
- Clocks, alarms and watches
- Batteries – please place in a separate bag
No thanks: large electrical items like televisions or white goods.
Outside food waste bin
Food waste is collected every week from your outside food waste bin. You can use plastic liners and bags to help keep your caddy clean.
- All cooked and uncooked food
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Fruit and vegetable peelings
- Egg shells
- Fish bones and skin
- Mouldy bread, cakes and pastries
- Food that’s passed its use by date
No thanks: packaging, liquids like milk or yoghurt, and oil or liquid fat.
You can subscribe to a garden waste collection service in Woking and have garden waste collected fortnightly.
- Hedge cuttings
- Cut flowers, prunings and plants
- Twigs and small branches
- Grass cuttings and leaves
No thanks: bricks and rubble, soil and turf, plant pots and plastics, pet waste, food waste and branches thicker than 3″ (7.5cm).
Your black rubbish bin is emptied on alternate weeks to your recycling bin. It is for anything that cannot be recycled.
No thanks: batteries and electricals, energy saving light bulbs, gloss or oil based paints, gas canisters and bricks, rubble or soil. Visit a community recycling centre to dispose of these.
The Joint Waste Solutions website has full details of Woking’s recycling and rubbish service.