The Surrey Environment Partnership (SEP) is made up of Surrey County Council and the 11 district and borough councils in the county. It aims to manage Surrey’s waste in the most efficient, effective, economical and sustainable manner.
The 11 district and borough councils are waste collection authorities and are responsible for the collection of Surrey’s municipal waste which includes waste from households. The county council is the waste disposal authority and is responsible for the disposal and treatment of Surrey’s municipal waste collected at the kerbside and waste and recycling from Surrey’s community recycling centres.
You can read about SEP’s aims and approach on the Our strategy page while Our work showcases examples of the projects and activities being undertaken and Our performance has the latest statistics including recycling rates.
To achieve SEP’s aims, action is required both at the individual partner level and collectively via countywide, centrally funded initiatives. These initiatives are developed and delivered on behalf of SEP by the Joint Waste Solutions (JWS) team, which also manages a joint waste collection contract on behalf of four Surrey authorities. You can find out more about the team on the JWS website.
This work is overseen by the SEP Officers Group and governed by the SEP Members Group, both of which have representatives from all 12 partner authorities. The elected members (councillors) who currently represent the authorities are listed below. There is also a short film which explains more about the partnership and its work.
SEP Members Group
- Elmbridge Borough Council: Cllr Ashley Tilling
- Epsom & Ewell Borough Council: Cllr John Beckett
- Guildford Borough Council: Cllr James Steel (SEP Vice Chair)
- Mole Valley District Council: Cllr Caroline Salmon
- Reigate & Banstead Borough Council: Cllr Natalie Bramhall
- Runnymede Borough Council: Cllr Linda Gillham
- Spelthorne Borough Council: Cllr Bob Noble
- Surrey County Council: Cllr Marisa Heath (SEP Chair)
- Surrey Heath Borough Council: Cllr Colin Dougan
- Tandridge District Council: Cllr David Stamp
- Waverley Borough Council: Cllr Steve Williams
- Woking Borough Council: Cllr Rob Leach