Education resources for Surrey schools
Surrey Primary Schools – Don’t miss out on your free Wastebuster membership and a chance to win some great prizes for your school
All Surrey primary schools are being provided with free access to the Wastebuster waste and environmental education programme.
Wastebuster helps schools reduce waste, explore waste in the curriculum and work towards Eco-Schools Awards. For a reminder of your school’s Wastebuster login please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is available?
- NEW FOR 2021 – Surrey Wastebuster Kids Club helps families get involved in reusing and recycling, with the chance for children to earn a Wastebuster hero badge (made from recycled yoghurt pots).
- NEW FOR 2021 – Surrey Wastebuster Eco-Badge Book is an online diary of your school’s environmental activities and a record of your achievements. Collected badges contribute to an award status, which in turn can lead to prizes for your school such as Wastebuster Top Trumps and special assembly videos.
- Teachers resources – access media-rich education resources, videos and assemblies, cross-curricular lesson plans, eco-team activities, waste reduction and recycling toolkits with posters and signage. Perfect for waste themed weeks and school waste reduction campaigns.
- Eco-team activities and toolkits – meet fun characters that capture children’s imaginations and bring environmental education to life, play games, go on Wastebuster missions, complete eco-challenges, and get crafty. Wastebuster activities are perfect for an eco-committee or science club to get involved in. A whole year of seasonally themed activities are available to keep even the keenest eco-team engaged.
- Whole school engagement campaigns – take part in challenges designed to engage the whole community by informing, inspiring and empowering children and their families to reduce waste to care for the environment.