Further resources for teachers
The following websites may provide resources, advice and information to help schools plan activities in the classroom related to waste, recycling and the environment.
- Young People’s Trust for the Environment – charity that provides free lesson plans on the environment and nature.
- Eco Schools – a simple environmental management system that empowers young people to introduce and lead environmental actions and education in their school.
- WRAP – Wrap works with businesses, governments, citizens and charities to make the planet a healthier, safer place.
- ReduceReuseRecycle – a magazine website dedicated to topics relating to green issues, recycling and the environment.
- Sparklebox – a website with thousands of free teaching resources for Early Years and Primary School teachers.
- Twinkl – a website with educational resources that can be used at each step of a child’s learning journey.
- Seed – sustainability and environmental education charity with resources that enable and empower children, young people, and adults to learn about sustainability and climate change at home.
- Keep Britain Tidy – charity that aims to eliminate litter, end waste and improve places.
- BBC Teach – website with thousands of free curriculum-mapped videos, arranged by age-group and subject.