Start your day with a healthy treat. Use up bananas which may be past their best to make this quick and tasty breakfast.
Serves 2 (makes 4 pancakes)
- 1 large banana
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- Pinch of baking powder
- 1/2 a tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp oil
- Pecans, roughly chopped (optional)
- Raspberries (optional)
1. In a bowl, mash the banana with a fork, then stir in the 2 beaten eggs, baking powder and vanilla extract.
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and brush with ½ tsp oil.
3. Using half the batter, spoon two pancakes into the pan, cook for 1-2 mins each side, then tip onto a plate. Repeat the process with another ½ tsp oil and the remaining batter.
4. Top the pancakes with the chopped pecans and raspberries, or any other fruit.
Recipe by BBC Good Food