Bananas in coconut milk
This is a delicious and simple dish from Thailand often served on the street late at night. It works with green or ripe bananas.
- 4 bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tin low fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut, toasted slightly in a dry pan
- Toast the desiccated coconut in a big pot or high sided frying pan until it is golden brown. Remove from the heat and place the bananas, coconut milk and sugar into the pan.
- Heat this until almost boiling then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Serve topped with toasted coconut.
Recipe by the Community Chef