Bubble and squeak
A quick and easy recipe using up leftovers from roast dinners.
- Leftover cooked potatoes and vegetables
- Olive oil or butter
- Handful of chopped herbs
- Leftover gravy
- Sausages, optional
- Handful of breadcrumbs (from stale bread is best), optional
- Chop your leftover cooked vegetables into bite-sized pieces (I usually use cabbage, carrots, parsnips and sprouts).
- Toss them into a hot, preferably non-stick pan, with some olive oil or butter and a handful of chopped herbs. Cook until browned on the bottom, then turn and brown again.
- Serve up in a large bowl, or if you like, with some sausages and a trickle of leftover gravy.
Recipe by TV presenter Anthea Turner