Cheese and onion pie
Use up your leftover cheese and whatever else you find in your fridge. This perfect pie is a light cheesy cross between a pie and a soufflé. You can add in a variety of vegetables and herbs, or even chopped chillies!
- 3 eggs
- 200-250g cheese (any hard cheese works)
- 2 spring onions (or 1 onion or leek)
- 70ml cream (or yoghurt, milk, cream cheese)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Separate the eggs. Grate the cheese and mix with the egg yolks and cream. Finely chop the spring onions and mix in.
2. Softly whisk the egg whites and fold into the cheese mixture.
3. Pour into ramekins. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake at 200°C for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Recipe by All Recipes