Cheeseboard pasta bake
Use up all your leftover cheese with this simple but extremely satisfying meal.
- 500g pasta
- 850ml milk
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- Half a nutmeg (or ¼ tsp ready ground)
- 85g cheddar, or other hard cheese
- 85g blue cheese
- 85g garlic and herb cheese
- 200g chopped cooked ham
- 85g roughly chopped mixed nuts
- A handful of parsley, roughly chopped
1. Begin by making the pasta and boiling for 12 minutes, adding in a generous measure of salt. Preheat the oven to 190C.
2. To make the sauce, pour the milk into a pan and add butter, flour and seasoning. Grate in the nutmeg (or sprinkle in the ready ground). Bring to the boil over a medium heat, stir all the time until it makes a smooth, creamy sauce.
3. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Stir in the ham and grate in the hard cheese, then tip into a shallow ovenproof dish. Dice the remaining cheeses and swirl into the pasta.
4. Mix the nuts and parsley together, then scatter over the pasta. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the nuts are golden and crunchy and everything is piping hot.
Recipe by BBC Good Food