Cheesy chicken crispbakes
These rosti-like bakes are great for using up leftover cooked meat, vegetables and cheese.
- 100g frozen peas
- 1kg potatoes
- 3 tbsp. of plain flour
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Skinless cooked chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 100g cheddar/hard cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking parchment. Fill and boil a kettle. Put the peas into a colander in the sink, then pour over the boiling water. Set aside.
2. Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes.
3. Pile the grated potato on to a clean tea towel, gather up the corners and squeeze out as much moisture as you can. Empty the squeezed potato into a large bowl, then mix in the remaining ingredients and plenty of seasoning.
4. Form mixture into eight patties and arrange on the lined baking tray.
5. Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden and cooked through.
Recipe by Good Housekeeping