Chocolate, orange and mince pie brownies
Too many mince pies? Try out this tasty brownie recipe and use up your leftovers.
- 70g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 70g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 120g unsalted butter
- 100g plain flour
- 5 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 255g soft brown sugar
- 6 or so leftover mince pies
- Zest and juice of ½ a clementine, satsuma or tangerine
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan. Melt half of the milk and dark chocolate together with the butter in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and vanilla, then add the sugar.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter to the egg mixture, then sift in the flour and fold gently until just combined.
- Roughly chop your mince pies, reserving a few pieces for decoration. Add the pieces to the brownie mix, along with the clementine zest and juice, and the rest of the chocolate.
- Pour the brownie mix into the baking tray and top with the remaining mince pie pieces. Bake for 25 minutes or until the centre is just set.
- Cool completely in the tray before turning out and slicing into squares.
Recipe by Love Food Hate Waste