Great for using up any half eaten jars of pesto and olives, often found lingering in the fridge.
Serves approx 4
- 250g/½ packet of couscous
- 700ml of stock (fresh or from a stock cube)
- Tsp of oil
- 2-3 tbps of chopped up or crumbled cheese
- Any combination chopped veggies
- Salt and pepper
- Olives (optional)
- Tbsp of red or green pesto (optional)
- Put the couscous in a bowl and simply add the hot stock, pesto and oil.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and season according to taste.
- Add any variation of cheeses, veggies or olives to the couscous.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe by chef Carmela Tomkins