French bread pizzas
Any leftovers can be thrown on to make this treat for the kids – perfect for any occasion and changed to suit their taste.
- 4 french or pitta bread slices, split in half horizontally
- 8 tbsp tomato puree
- 60g grated cheese
- 4 tbsp of leftover toppings, chopped such as cold meats, fresh tomatoes etc.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Spread the bread base with tomato puree.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and top with cheese and toppings.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Recipe by chef Carmela Tomkins