This tasty recipe is fantastic for using up any fruit that is going past its best, such as pears, kiwis, peaches, strawberries or pineapple.
Serves 4 – 6
- 3 or 4 peeled fruits of your choice
- 2 or 3 tbsp fruit juice or water
- 2 or 3 tsp icing sugar or honey
- 284ml double or whipping cream
- 275ml natural yogurt
- Grated dark chocolate or cocoa powder
- 3 or 4 biscuits, such as jaffa cakes
- Puree your choice of fruits with the juice or water and set aside.
- Lightly whip the cream in large bowl and add the yogurt and icing sugar to taste.
- Crumble the biscuits and divide between glasses or bowls.
- Spoon half the fruit mixture into the glasses and then the cream mixture, then layer again.
- Finally dust lightly with grated chocolate or cocoa powder and serve.
Recipe by chef Carmela Tomkins