Gold medal salad
Leftover salad contributes to this tasty recipe.
- One can of chickpeas
- Any leftover salad, chopped eg celery, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onion
- Olive oil
- Dried or fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of olives (optional)
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Cubes of cheese/ham (optional)
- Drain the chickpeas and place into a bowl.
- Place all the chopped salad ingredients into the same bowl and mix well.
- Pour enough olive oil to coat the salad and then add a sprinkle of oregano, salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Taste and add cubes of ham or cheese if required.
- Refrigerate until needed.
Recipe by athlete Kate Staples