Lentil and vegetable soup
Nutritious, full of flavour and a great way to use up leftover vegetables.
- 150g lentils (any colour)
- 8 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped or tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 300g assorted vegetables finely chopped
- Olive or other cooking oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Herbes de Provence
- 400ml rich stock or vegetable stock cubes
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the lentils by following the instructions on the packet.
- Take a large saucepan and sauté the onions gently in oil until they are soft.
- Add the vegetables, stock, herbs and garlic and cook for about 20 minutes till soft.
- Add the lentils, the smoked paprika and chilli powder, season to taste and reheat.
- Serve in bowls. If you have any left over then cool and freeze for another day.
Recipe by Greening Godalming