A tasty noodle curry which helps you use up vegetables and some leftover prawns.
- 250g pack of Chinese egg noodles or wholemeal spaghetti
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup of peeled pre-cooked prawns
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 1 sweet pepper (finely sliced)
- 2 spring onions (finely sliced)
- ¼ cabbage (shredded)
- 2 carrots (finely sliced or ribbons)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- ½ tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp flaked chilli or ½ tsp mild chilli powder
- Cook the noodles as per instructions on the pack. Drain and keep back ½ cup of the water.
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry all of the fresh vegetables for about 3 minutes, add a drop of water if the vegetables start to burn. Cook for less if using leftovers.
- Add a tablespoon of Thai red curry paste to the stir fry followed by a cup of peeled pre-cooked prawns and a 400ml tin of coconut milk, cook for 3 min and serve with the noodles in deep bowls
Recipe by the Community Chef