Any vegetables in your fridge that are getting a bit soft would work well in this recipe. It’s good as a lunch or as an accompaniment to your main meal.
- 450g mixed vegetables (such as tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms)
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 bulb of garlic
- Ground black pepper
- A good drizzle of olive oil
- 160g feta cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F/ Gas 6.
- Prepare the vegetables and cut into chunks.
- Put them into a roasting dish with the lemon and cloves of garlic. Season well and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook in the oven until the vegetables are tender, about 30-35 minutes.
- Crumble the cheese and sprinkle amongst the vegetables. Serve warm with fresh bread.
Keep a special bag in the freezer for leftover vegetables. When you have enough for soup, thaw and puree in a blender with vegetable, chicken or beef stock.