Turn any old fruits, yogurts and juices you have into a healthy and delicious drink to give you a boost of nutrition and energy.
- 2 over-ripe peaches, chopped, with stones removed
- 1 speckled banana, peeled and sliced
- 60g strawberries (remove leaves and stalks)
- 125ml orange juice
- 125ml vanilla yoghurt
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and whizz until smooth.
- Pour the drink into glasses and enjoy.
- Most fruits can be made into a fruit salad either for breakfast or dessert . Simply cut into pieces and serve (you can add a bit of fruit juice as well if you like)
- Fruit going soft? Why not turn it into jam or a fruit compot? Put in a saucepan with a couple of tsps of lemon juice and sugar. Heat slowly until the fruit “pops” and the liquid reduces.
- If you’re making fruit crumbles, make extra topping and store it in a freezer bag. It is then ready to sprinkle over fruit with no need to thaw it first.
Recipe by chef Carmela Tomkins