A great recipe for using up those wrinkly potatoes and spinach.
- Bag of freshly washed spinach or small packet of frozen spinach
- 2 or 3 potatoes, finely chopped
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 or 2 tbsp of olive oil or butter
- 500ml of hot water or stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche or double cream (optional)
- Heat the olive oil and onion in a pan for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the spinach and potatoes and stir gently until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the hot water or stock and leave to simmer for 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly and then blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with a swirl of crème fraîche or double cream.
Recipe by chef Carmela Tomkins