A great way to use up meat like chicken or turkey which is leftover from a roast dinner.
- 200g tagliatelle
- Leftover meat, such as chicken, turkey or ham
- 40g butter
- 40g plain flour
- 600ml hot milk
- Half a cup of chicken stock (fresh or from a stock cube)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- Grated nutmeg (optional)
- Parmesan (optional – to serve)
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the flour.
- Cook gently for a minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the milk, bay leaf and optional grated nutmeg.
- Add the leftover chicken and stock cube and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Season to taste and pour onto freshly cooked tagliatelle.
- Mix well and serve with grated parmesan.
Recipe by chef Carmela Tomkins