This is a very good recipe for using up veggies in the fridge. It’s great served cold and cut into wedges for packed lunches or served warm with green salad.
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 tbsps of sunflower oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2/3 cooked potatoes thinly sliced
- 1 cup of any cooked sliced veg/frozen peas
- Salt and pepper
- 200g of grated cheese
- Heat the oil and onion over a low heat, cook until soft.
- Add the veg/peas and sliced potatoes, cook for 2 minutes.
- Lightly beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the vegetables and then sprinkle over with cheese.
- Cook until the frittata is set.
- Serve hot or cold.
Recipe by chef Carmela Tomkins