A great way to use up leftover veggies and pasta.
- 1 or 2 carrots
- 1 or 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 or 2 celery sticks (including the inner leaves)
- Portion of green cabbage
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Can of cannellini or other tinned beans
- Leftover pasta and vegetables
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop all veggies and place into a large saucepan.
- Add cold water until the veggies are well covered.
- Pour in olive oil and simmer gently until the veggies are soft.
- Add the beans and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
- At this point you can add any finely chopped up leftover pasta, leftover veggies and cook until they are piping hot or simply serve.
Recipe by chef Carmela Tomkins